Tuesday 6 June 2017

Wash cloths in happy colours #1


These knitted cotton wash cloths are my all time favorites. I have tried lots of different kitchen cloths over the years, but I think these home made ones beat all micro fibers and other fabrics. They are also easy to make and can go in the washer on 60 degrees C. As I make a lot of these.. (I change my cloth several times per day, lol), I like to try out different patterns, so it won't be boring knitting them, ..Here are  some of my patterns, and I start off with the most simple one.. The moss green cloth.


What you need: 1 bundle apxm 50 grams of cotton yarn (50 gr = 160m), knitting pins (2,5 mm), and a needle to sew the ends.

How you do it: Cast on 60 stitches. Knit back and forth until there's about 3m left of yarn. Cast off, and secure the ends by weaving them a bit back and forth into the stitches. You now have a great wash cloth, and no excuse not to have a clean kitchen counter! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment