Wednesday 4 October 2017

Wash cloths in happy colours #4

These knitted cotton wash cloths are my all time favorites. I have tried lots of different kitchen cloths over the years, but I think these home made ones beat all micro fibers and other fabrics. They are also easy to make and can go in the washer on 60 degrees C. As I make a lot of these.. (I change my cloth several times per day, lol), I like to try out different patterns, so it won't be boring knitting them, ..Here's another one of my patterns, the lilac cloth with small hearts..


What you need: 1 bundle, apxm 50 grams of cotton yarn (50 gr = 160m), knitting pins (2,5 mm), and a needle to sew the ends.

How you do it: Cast on 60 stitches. Knit back and forth according to the pattern. The lilac squares are knitted on the right side, and pearled on the wrong side, and the white squares are pearled on the right side, and knitted on the wrong side.
Repeat it in width and height until there's about 3m left of yarn. Cast off, and secure the ends by weaving them a bit back and forth into the stitches. You now have another great wash cloth, and can keep your counter shiny and clean 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment