Tuesday 31 January 2017

Soft warm alpaca quick to make scarf

It's winter time here in Norway, and I suddenly realized I had no really warm scarfs, so I decided to make myself one. After looking through all my yarn baskets without finding enough of any single colour, I decided to make it a triple coloured scarf. I think it turned out really well 😊
I used really big knitting pins, which made me finish it in 2 evenings watching television. Do you want one too? Here is how I made it.
What you need:
1 pair of knitting pins size 15 - 3 different colours alpaca yarn, apx 75 grams of each - 1 wool needle to secure the ends.
I used this yarn: AdLibris alpakkagarn which is 125 m per 50 gr bundle.
These colours: Dusty blue - Dusty pink - Off white


Step 1. Use one thread from each colour throughout your work. Cast on 20 stitches.

Step 2. Work rib = K 1/P 1 until you have reached your desired length.Mine is 170 cm.

Step 3. Secure the ends firmly.

Step 4. Make tassels by cutting 2 threads of each colour, about 25 cm. Tie them on every other st in each end of the scarf.
Before you know it, you are done, and have a brand new scarf to keep you warm this winter!😄



No comments:

Post a Comment