Monday 6 February 2017

Awesome hilarious house sign

Hi!
I'm sure you agree. Nothing says welcome like a sign that makes you laugh, right? I'm sharing this to show that you don't need to be a skilled artist to be able to make something fun and personal.
This sign will most likely only fit the people living in our home, which is me, my boyfriend, and my grown up son, who is eager to move out. But all you need is an idea. Maybe you've seen a fun picture on Tumbl. or maybe you saw a comic strip that was perfectly you? Transfer it into stick men, and make your own very personal door sign. All you need is paint, brushes, a pencil, 2 screws, 2 eye screws, clear varnish and some planed wood.
I painted all sides of the sign with white outdoor paint first to make it withstand the rough weather here. I then painted the background with a very thin layer of blue and green. When it's dry, use a pencil to sketch  your idea, and then paint it. If there are pencil marks that shows, remove them with an eraser when the paint has dried. Put 2-3 layers of varnish on top of it, if it's going to be outdoors. Then screw the eye screws on top, and hang it up. Enjoy all your smiling visitors! 😁



2 comments: