Friday 10 February 2017

Upcycle old frames and coat racks

I had these old frames and coat racks, and a basket for bits and bobs, lying around. I was going to throw them away, but then I came up with the idea of painting them. They were all different colours and didn't match at all. Now they have gotten a new trendy look and match each other , and also the shoe rack I made last week. Our hallway will be totally renewed.. Hehe 😁

Before
After
What you need: Some old things you want to renew, masking tape for sensitive surfaces, stencil glue, paper, scissors, paint, sanding paper, household ammonia (or other suitable product for cleaning the surface), paintbrushes.
I used these colours: S1510-Y70R Deco pink - S4010-G70Y Green harmony - 2415-Y71R Delightful pink - S5010-R90B Kveldshimmel (Blue), and  S0510-Y10R Smörboll
 I cut out the hearts from ordinary printing paper, and used stencil glue on them to be able to take them easily off after the paint had dried. Since I used so many different colours, it took a couple of days to let each colour dry sufficiently before the next one. Therefore it is important to use a masking tape of good quality, otherwise you won't get the glue residues off 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment