Wednesday 15 February 2017

Easy made sea glass pendants

It's always nice to see what treasures you can find along the seashore. I have collected some sea glass that I thought I'd turn into jewelry. These are my first attempts. It was quite fun, so I think I may make some more later on 😉

You will need pliers and wire cutters for this work!

The white one is really simple. Just some ordinary steel wire that I wrapped around the glass. I then made a little ring for the chain in some of the wire on the backside.

The green one took a little more time, but was not at all difficult. You will need copper wire in 2 gauges.

Bend the thickest one around a tine of a fork or something similar. In the beginning I left the fork in the bend to better keep the correct distance between the wires. Weave the thin wire around the thicker one. Some small pliers are useful! Keep them parallel for a while, and after some cm you can tighten the thin wire more and more to make a pointy end.
Use your sea glass to measure how long you want it to be. The last couple of rounds, I wrapped the thin wire around the outside of the thick one. Cut the ends, and bend it around your glass.
Make a small ring, and secure it to the wire on the backside, for the string or chain you want to hang it on. Try to put all ends in, so they won't scratch. You can use a tiny bit of hot glue on the ends, if you don't manage to hide them 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment